It’s book review time again, and this month I’m reviewing TED Talks, by Chris Anderson.
Now, whether you need [would like] to get your voice heard more at work, during meetings, or have a presentation to give and want to avoid speaker nerves, dry throat or getting tongue tied when you speak then this book is for you!
Writer Chris Anderson is the head of TED. In the book he not only shares his own personal insight into the world of speaking and how to give a great speech, but also behind-the-scenes tools and tips not usually covered in other TED type books.
They include 2 important areas:
I know you’ll find this book useful.
Let me know which books you recommend in the business/ online/ personal development space and I’ll put them on my list of books to read and review in 2019.
By-the-way, apologies for the slightly fuzzy sound in this week’s video. I’m not too sure what happened...but hopefully next week will be clear again.
In the meantime...
Wishing you a great week!
*** Show Notes and Resources ***
1. Get the book ‘TED Talks' by Chris Anderson
2. Other Recommended Books:
Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown
Talk Like TED, by Carmine Gallo
Get Motivated - 7 Steps To The Life You Want, by Mike Blissett
3. TED Talks - the official website, jam packed full of great and inspiring videos
4. Brene Brown’s TED Talk, The Power of Vulnerability - 18 minutes of pure gold that might just change your life!
5. Online Training - 'Speak Like A Pro Online’, my brand new online training programme with loads of extras. Doors open January 2019. Full details here:
6. Video production, music and additional b-roll in the video courtesy of Screenflow 8 for Mac:
QUESTION OF THE DAY — What business or personal development books would you recommend, and why?
Mike Blissett on Social Media:
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
Sign up for more news, reviews and tips to help you speak better in your career and/or business...you'll also receive FREE ACCESS to my Online Training, Speak Up, Stand Out - 5 Weird Ways To Begin Your Presentation, Grab Attention and Make An Impact.